We focus on two areas of literacy: Language Comprehension and Word Recognition.
Language Comprehension is taught by using:
- Native Literature curriculum
- Wonders Reading curriculum
Word Recognition is taught by using:
- Fundations curriculum
- Heggerty curriculum
These four curricula allow our teachers use to engage students in the reading process.
Numeracy concepts are taught using:
- Eureka2 Math curriculum.
- Istation Reading: Assessed once a month.
- Istation Math: Assessed once a month.
- NWEA Reading: Assessed three times a year.
- NWEA Math: Assessed three times a year.
Specials are elective classes.
- Personal Wellness
- Indigenous Languages
At NACA Elementary, students have the opportunity to engage with an Indigenous language.
Some languages are restricted to members of their community. Please ask questions if you are not sure what language your student should be taking.