College Engagement Program
Overview of NACA’s College Engagement Program
NACA Core Values
Respect. Responsibility. Community Service. Culture. Perseverance. Reflection.
Each year, our College Engagement initiatives are guided by:
- Our NACA mission and core values;
- Our commitment to serving each student;
- Our commitment to serving the families of each student;
- Our commitment to serving colleagues as they work to support students’ college transition journeys;
- Our commitment to developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant initiatives;
- Our commitment to supporting each student’s higher education goals;
- Our commitment to ongoing assessment so we can continue to develop programs and initiatives that serve NACA students most effectively.
Congratulations on the journey you have also traveled as your student has moved through high school. We have witnessed your dedication and support along the way and remain so grateful for all that you do.
Our partnership with you is vital during these exciting, challenging years. The seasons ahead are surely months when the NACA words--“Growing Together”-- hold particular meaning.
We hope that you will take time to look through this Handbook together with you student. In addition, through family conferences, evening workshops and individual conversations, we are committed to providing you further information, resources and support as you move through your student’s Dual Credit and College Admissions process.
Once students reach the junior and senior year, it is natural and appropriate for parents to step back somewhat to give them the independence they seek. This being said, you remain central to your student’s success. Remaining present and engaged in a way that works for both you and your student is so important. This junior and senior years are distinct for many reasons, including the academic and emotional intensity students inevitably face. As such, we offer these core recommendations
- Reflect upon—and share with your student—your thoughts on this question: What hopes do I hold for my student’s journey toward higher learning?
- Set a specific time to talk with your student about how you will together keep regular communication about academic progress at NACA as well as your student’s college and scholarship planning process. It is wise to agree upon such a check-in plan together. For example, you may agree that you are going to check in briefly once a week during which time you will discuss progress on homework and other projects, take a quick look at the student’s planner to ensure that it is being used to keep track of time, commitments etc. and get any updates on college applications.
- Keep in regular contact with your student’s adviser--even quick emails to check in or raise a question or concern on behalf of your student can be very helpful.
- Given the stress often experienced during the college planning process, your support and understanding--especially during stretches when your student might be feeling overwhelmed—makes all the difference. If you have significant concern about your student’s emotional health, advisers and counselors are more than willing to talk further with you.
- Talk with your student about how he/she can visit the campuses of colleges/universities that may be of interest. This may be a local opportunity such as UNM’s annual Senior Day or opportunities out of state when colleges assist with the cost of flying a student to visit a campus. Many of these programs have application deadlines in August or September. There may also be opportunities for your student to visit the campuses of the colleges to which he/she has been admitted later this Spring.
- With your student, plan to attend the evening workshops we host each semester-including in the opening weeks of the school year. The workshops will include information on financial aid and scholarship planning. The College Engagement Office will inform parents of workshop details
- Set time to meet with NACA’s College Engagement Office with your student.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Please email us at email@example.com if we can provide information to you or to schedule visits to our campus.