NACA Athletics is an extension of the Students’ educational experience. By approaching individual/team sports from a community-building base, along with an indigenous personal wellness perspective, we believe our student-athletes will have the opportunity to learn to become successful in persevering through competitive challenges.
The priority of NACA Athletics is to support the In-School curriculum and collaborate with the Out of School Time Activities, to assist in providing students with as many opportunities as possible in personal/physical wellness and healthy competition initiatives. Winning is not the sole purpose, goal or objective when participating in NACA Athletics activities, although we strive to teach the importance of being competitive through hard work and commitment. Believing in and modeling this mentality often shows the successful results that come from those values.
NACA Athletics promotes and encourages; commitment, dedication, healthy work ethics, teamwork and good sportsmanship, as well as encouraging the Student-Athletes to unleash their inner Warrior. When these objectives are accomplished and the goals met, winning on and off the fields and courts comes naturally. GO EAGLES!
Sports Teams Registration Forms
Although the Sports Seasons are on hold, the Coaches would like to stay in touch with Teams and Athletes. Please complete the forms for the Sports you are interested in joining. The information will also be a contact list for future team activities and events. You may select more than one sport.
MS Volleyball: https://forms.gle/DEHbj9zQr7oBkdFJ8
MS Girls Basketball: https://forms.gle/Q6DxEgHUuNHWQ2oy9
MS Boys Basketball: https://forms.gle/fUJzaFhAKCRhN1DH8
MS Cross-Country: https://forms.gle/qmZxsfWPfcYndpnm7
HS Volleyball: https://forms.gle/8XT2bLZvin2eBLkX9
HS Girls Basketball: https://forms.gle/7XNmz1gqKUsZANVq8
HS Boys Basketball: https://forms.gle/gHmU8RHNXeqeRsyr9
HS Cross Country: https://forms.gle/mAyyP8VHBfSTRyiB8
HS Track & Field: https://forms.gle/12yXBzFeGNMqxwwt7
HS Softball: https://forms.gle/b2DPvHKCQXRHbqg86
HS Baseball: https://forms.gle/Xq7AXsovUsHGSMZe7
ATHLETICS COACHING STAFF
|MS/HS CROSS COUNTRY||Fred Vallo Jr.||(505) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|MS GIRLS BASKETBALL||Brandi Kie||(505) email@example.com|
|MS BOYS BASKETBALL||Zane Rosette||(505) 266-0992 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|HS GIRLS BASKETBALL|
|HS BOYS BASKETBALL|
|HS TRACK & FIELD||Fred Vallo Jr.||(505) email@example.com|
Johnnie D. Douma, Athletics Director
(505) 266-0992 x1024
1000 Indian School Rd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
2021-2022 Sports Season
All Students wanting to participate, must get a new sports physical.
For questions on sports physicals, please contact AD Douma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Forms can be found here NMAA Physical Form
*NMAA Guidance on Return to Play*
Here is the link to the NMAA guidelines for Return to Play
This document details the necessary guidelines for Athletes and Coaches to safely begin to return to sports off season and summer workouts. NACA will announce more direction as to the specifics of returning to play at NACA.
Distance Learning for Athletes
Healthy Snack Ideas:
(Parental supervision recommended when making)
- Cheesy Vegetable Omelette (courtesy of POA Health & Human Services Div.):
- Cucumber Sushi Roll (courtesy of POA Health & Human Services Div.):
- Strawberry Salsa and Cinnamon Crisps (courtesy of POA Health & Human Services Div.):
Student-Athlete Eligibility Requirements
The following are details for eligibility:
- All students wishing to play interscholastic sports at NACA, must meet the PRIMARY standard criteria set out in the NACA Athletics Handbook (currently under construction), requiring;
- a minimum 2.5 GPA at end of semester, and prior to respective sport season start. This GPA requirement must be maintained throughout the season, in order to complete season participation.
- a minimum of 5 unexcused academic absences per semester.
- a Physician completed NMAA Physical Form packet
- pay a $50 Athletics fee (per sport), this fee goes to season facility and equipment fees.
- NMAA Eligibility (Section 6.2.1) is the minimum requirements by the NMAA to play academic sports, and is taken under consideration as secondary criteria (as stated in Section 6.2.1.d) for student-athletes, and on a case by case basis. Please contact Athletics Director for more information.