NACA welcomes all our students and families on a journey toward college. Each student has accomplished much to reach this point, both academically and personally. Throughout the last two years of high school, the College Engagement team works closely with each student to plan their next education path. We are honored to be a part of each student’s journey toward higher learning, no matter what path each may follow.
The College Engagement Program hosts college and university visits. Find out more and mark the dates to attend using the Senior College Calendar.
The NACA College Engagement Handbook (Class of 2014) provides an overview of the College Engagement program, information for families, planning timelines and tools for the junior and senior years, information on dual credit, college admissions, the ACT and SAT, and scholarships and financial aid.
College Acceptances 2012 -2014
Class of 2012, 2013 and 2014 College Acceptances
Arizona State University, Bard College, Barnard College, Bennington College, Brown University, Central New Mexico Community College, Columbia College, Columbia University, Colorado State University, Cornell College, Dartmouth College, Earlham College, Elmira College, Eugene Lang College, Fort Lewis College, Hamilton College, Illinois College, Institute of American Indian Arts, Lawrence University, Loyola University, New Orleans, Macalester College, Mesa Community College, New Mexico Highlands University, New Mexico State University, Ohio State University, Pomona College, Prescott College, Princeton University, Reed College, Riverside Community College, Southwestern University, Stephens College, University of Arizona, University of New Mexico, University of Pennsylvania, University of Puget Sound, Western New Mexico University, Willamette University, Williams College, Yale University, Coconino Community College
Awards and Distinctions
- NACA Student Participants in the Simon Scholars Program Participants (2013-2014)
- NACA Student Participant in the Summer College Horizons (2012)
- Gates Millennium Scholar Recipients (2 members of Class of 2012)
- Albuquerque Community Foundation Sussman-Miller Educational Assistance Award Recipient (2013)
- NACA student participants in the Phillips Exeter Summer Program ( 2008)
- Awarded Coalition of Essential Schools Gate Foundation Award (2007)
- Awarded New Mexico Community Foundation ELEV8 funded by Atlantic Philanthropies (2007-2010)
- Awarded Kellogg Foundation Grant to begin NACA School Growth and Fellowship Program (2010-2012)
- Invited Guest of President Obama’s White House of Social Innovation “Top 100 Social Innovation Programs”(2009)
- Three time New Mexico Indian Education Exemplary Grant Recipient (2006, 2008, 2009)
- Awarded Jewish Community Youth Program (2008)
- Student work from National History Day programs (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) Regional Finalist
- National Youth Poetry Slam Team Representative for New Mexico (2009, 2010)
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Recipients (2 members of Class of 2014)
- Comcast Scholarship Recipients (1 member of Class of 2014)
- Native Health Initiative Education is Ceremony Scholarship Recipient (1 Member of Class of 2014)
- NACA Student Participants in the Phillips Exeter Summer Program (2014)
- NACA Student Participant in AnBryce Foundation Camp Dogwood (2014)
- NACA Student Participant in the Summer College Horizons (2014)
- NACA Student Participants in the Philips Academy MS² Summer Program (2014)
Listed programs are either no cost to students or financial aid and scholarships are available.
If there are any questions, please contact: Kelley Mitchell, College Engagement by phone or email. [email protected]
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Please email us at [email protected] if we can provide information to you or to schedule visits to our campus.