Interested New Students
We are enrolling for the upcoming school year, 2017-2018 at the Native American Community Academy for incoming 6th grade and limited spaces for grades, 7th-11th. Please see the NACA flowchart to learn more about the Enrollment process.
To apply for enrollment at NACA, please download and fill out the lottery application and send to our address below.
Mail enrollment form to/fax/email:
Native American Community Academy (NACA)
Student Enrollment Office
1000 Indian School Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax# (505) 266-2905
Any questions please contact Student Enrollment Director at (505) 266-0992 x1007
The New Mexico State Department of Education has designed a lottery system that requires charter schools to hold an open enrollment procedure.
Once you have completed the initial Enrollment application, your name will be placed on a list for enrollment. Each school year, we accept up to 75 students for incoming 6th grade. Other grade levels, 7th-11th student s will be accepted based on number of spaces available. At the first of every month, we will hold a lottery drawing and students on the wait list will be put into a random lottery draw. Every subsequent first day of each month we will hold lottery drawings until we are full. The remaining students will be placed on a waiting list and called when a space opens.
Priorities for Enrollment
NACA approves transfers according to a lottery selection process. The following priorities apply to the enrollment process:
- Returning students (i.e, students already attending NACA)
- Siblings of current students (depending on space availability)
- Students whose names are drawn from the lottery, until all slots are filled
Once a student is accepted and given notice, you will need the following documents to register:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s updated vaccination records
- Documentation of Tribal Affiliation/CIB (if applicable)
- Copy of HS transcripts for all schools attended for 9th-11th grades
- Student Records from former schools e.g. test scores, Special Education services, transcripts
Prospective High School Students: Please attach updated high school transcripts (if possible). If no transcripts, a formal request will be made to the last school attended. Once transcripts are received, a formal credit review will be conducted and a credit summary will be created to see how many credits earned thus far and grade level classification at NACA.
Students and families can attend one session of the following dates to learn more about NACA and our programs and services.
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 5:30-7:00p
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 5:30-7:00p
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 5:30-7:00p
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 5:30-7:00p
The Title 1 Homeless Project provides outreach support to assist students and families with various aspects of the registration process. For more information, contact the Title 1 Homeless Project at (505) 256-8239..